Our volunteer posts will be involved in a range of aspects of the Museum operations, its planning and engagement, while recruiting and supervising a team of volunteers relating to specific heritage operations.
In return for your support, you will also enjoy:
- Being a key member of the Museum family
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth and development in a community-focused museum
- Gaining specialised experience within a wide range of key areas of heritage and Museum operations
- A supportive, friendly, environment
- Induction to the Wisbech & Fenland Museum, its people and operations
- Full training as required to perform the role
- Out-of-pocket travel expenses, as described in the Volunteering Policy
The following posts operate closely with the Museum staff and the board of directors to support the future sustainability of the Museum operations.
This role includes:
- Welcoming visitors to the museum
- Stewarding in the galleries and library
- Taking sales in the Museum shop
- Assisting and supporting workshops in the museum
- Assisting and supporting events in the museum
To request more information or an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gain professional experience through a work placement
Whether you're a Year 10 student looking for a work placement in a museum, or a university student seeking valuable volunteering experience, we may be able to help. These placements are on a voluntary basis and are intended to help develop specific skills and knowledge, such as collections management, or events planning, delivery and evaluation. If you are interested in a placement at the Museum, please contact us to discuss further.
Friends of the Wisbech & Fenland Museum
The Friends of Wisbech & Fenland Museum support the Museum in a variety of ways including -
- Improving the display of the exhibits
- Arranging special exhibitions and lectures
- Furthering the charitable purposes of the Museum and encourage the development of its facilities
In recent years they have supported various acquisitions, for example a new computer for use by Friends and volunteers, text panels for an exhibition and a new display case for the manuscript of Great Expectations. In addition, they continue to research and produce a variety of Museum publications.
Join the Friends and you can enjoy:
- The lecture programme
- Opportunities to volunteer at the Museum
- Invitations to exhibition previews and special events
- 10% discount in our gift shop on purchases of £10 and over.
Pick up an application form from the Wisbech & Fenland Museum, and return it to:
Mr Garry Monger
Secretary of the Friends
Wisbech & Fenland Museum,
Cambridgeshire, PE13 1ES